Rory's not...
Ava's not...
So, I guess I better get my tail in gear and do a little blogging :-) I know all of you have not known what to do with yourselves exactly since my little hiatus. I can't thank my "fan club" enough for all the encouraging emails to continue motherly duties and wifely duties being sick as a dog.
Not to get off topic for a second, okay, well yes I want to go off topic for a quick flash.
Rory and I don't hold the traditional roles when it comes to being sick. To be quite honest with you, I'm not too sure my husband even believes in "sick days." I'm pretty sure this was instilled within him by West Point and the ARMY. Just because you're sick does not mean that the world stops...in his eyes. This is where we differ. Ya know, the husband is the one you hear about that sits on the couch and cries like the world is ending because he has a little cough...right? WRONG! This is totally me.
I'm confident in saying that since Rory and I have been together, every time I get sick...I declare death upon myself. I constantly whine and preach that "I'm dying...I'm sooo dying." Thank goodness for such an understanding husband. He looks at me with this sh*& eating grin that screams...YOOOOOUR NOOOT DYYYYIIINNNGG Dano! He has to pray every season change "please do not let my wife get sick because I don't want to hear her babbling."
Enough randomness about me :) On to the little one. We'll travel back in time to Sunday.
I got the drift. I got Rory and begged NL not to file a restraining order against the diva. She insisted that it is well. I prayed for her sake that "it is well with her soul!"
Not to get off topic for a second, okay, well yes I want to go off topic for a quick flash.
Rory and I don't hold the traditional roles when it comes to being sick. To be quite honest with you, I'm not too sure my husband even believes in "sick days." I'm pretty sure this was instilled within him by West Point and the ARMY. Just because you're sick does not mean that the world stops...in his eyes. This is where we differ. Ya know, the husband is the one you hear about that sits on the couch and cries like the world is ending because he has a little cough...right? WRONG! This is totally me.
I'm confident in saying that since Rory and I have been together, every time I get sick...I declare death upon myself. I constantly whine and preach that "I'm dying...I'm sooo dying." Thank goodness for such an understanding husband. He looks at me with this sh*& eating grin that screams...YOOOOOUR NOOOT DYYYYIIINNNGG Dano! He has to pray every season change "please do not let my wife get sick because I don't want to hear her babbling."
Enough randomness about me :) On to the little one. We'll travel back in time to Sunday.
.SUNDAY.
We got up and went to church like good little kids. Actually, it was a dedication service that we were invited to. That doesn't matter to the Lord though, all that matters is that we went to church. After church there was a luncheon. Jump back about an hour. When we first got to church and dropped the diva off in the nursery, well, let's just say you could hear her screaming in the sanctuary. Enough said. The nursery worker did her best to calm the diva down...doooon't think that worked out to well. Okay, now jump forward an hour. So we sit down to eat our feast. The diva decides that she now cannot stay anymore than an arms length(a divas arms length) away from the nursery lady. It's cute at first. Kinda funny. Ava running thru the fellowship hall while people are eating lunch. She's screaming and laughing at the nursery lady (I'll call her NL from now on...can't really remember her name.) So NL plays with the diva smiling and laughing with her...NL does this for about 15 minutes. After that time period I'm convinced. Cute kids get ugly. NL has written all over her face "Time's up people...the free babysitting game is O-V-E-R...GET YOUR KID OFF OF ME!"I got the drift. I got Rory and begged NL not to file a restraining order against the diva. She insisted that it is well. I prayed for her sake that "it is well with her soul!"
.MONDAY.
The diva said "baby." I mean she just didn't say baby...like little baby mumble talk. She actually said "baby" no different than you or I would say it. The kid can articulate and enunciate when she wants too. Which leads us to today.
.TUESDAY.
Days like today makes me wish I was a SAHM. I just have to accept that Rory and I won't be able to be with the diva 24/7 to experience her every milestone. I don't know if this really counts as a milestone but...the diva has learned her name. Apparently, she was walking around all day saying
"Ava *pause* O' *pause*Brien"
"Ava *pause* O'*pause*Brien"
This is huge for me! She is actually understanding and repeating words that she recognizes. What makes me feel even prouder to be her mom, is that the Montessori School is super impressed with her knowledge. I mean come on...if somebody told you that about your kid wouldn't you be in heaven? You totally would :) Don't rain on my parade :)
I'll eat it up while I can. She's got Italian and Irish blood in her. I know the day will come when I get called into the principals office because Ava beat up a boy in her class during Kindergarden Graduation...in front of everybody. I know that day will come and I'll be embarrassed. Until then I'll take what I can get :)
Just like anything in life. Take what you can get and don't ask for an ounce more.
"Ava *pause* O' *pause*Brien"
"Ava *pause* O'*pause*Brien"
This is huge for me! She is actually understanding and repeating words that she recognizes. What makes me feel even prouder to be her mom, is that the Montessori School is super impressed with her knowledge. I mean come on...if somebody told you that about your kid wouldn't you be in heaven? You totally would :) Don't rain on my parade :)
I'll eat it up while I can. She's got Italian and Irish blood in her. I know the day will come when I get called into the principals office because Ava beat up a boy in her class during Kindergarden Graduation...in front of everybody. I know that day will come and I'll be embarrassed. Until then I'll take what I can get :)
Just like anything in life. Take what you can get and don't ask for an ounce more.
O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
— Psalms 107.1
— Psalms 107.1
No comments:
Post a Comment