I hate secrets. I can't stand people who keep them and I can't stand people who tell them. I've been like that as far back as I can remember. I snoop when I think somebody is keeping a secret. I can't help it.
This is what usually happens in my house...I buy gifts for people early. I just like to be prepared. No matter the time of the year, if I see something that I think would be a good gift for somebody then I'll buy it. This is where the problem comes. I'm a softy when it comes to keeping things from people, especially Rory. I buy him gifts before his birthday but since I can't keep them a secret and I get so excited to share them...
You guessed it. I give him his gifts early and then buy him more so he's got some to open on his actual birthday.
Can you say "guilty as charged!"
This brings me to today.
I'm breaking the silence (Rory and I are in agreement.) Well I should say, Rory and I are breaking our silence.
This is what usually happens in my house...I buy gifts for people early. I just like to be prepared. No matter the time of the year, if I see something that I think would be a good gift for somebody then I'll buy it. This is where the problem comes. I'm a softy when it comes to keeping things from people, especially Rory. I buy him gifts before his birthday but since I can't keep them a secret and I get so excited to share them...
You guessed it. I give him his gifts early and then buy him more so he's got some to open on his actual birthday.
Can you say "guilty as charged!"
This brings me to today.
I'm breaking the silence (Rory and I are in agreement.) Well I should say, Rory and I are breaking our silence.
Ava is going to be a BIG SISTER!!!
We're so excited! Early on we chose not to share this with many people, but since Ava's birthday we've had to take the fertility route again. Hence my comment in last weeks post that said "Patience pays off!"
Speaking of patience...
Please be patient with us, and understand why we've been hesitant to share the news. It's not that we're not excited, we're cautious and leary. When you've experienced miscarrying then you can probably relate. The more people you tell early on then (if sometime happens) the more you have to share the loss and relive the pain. We've been there, done that, and really don't care for the shirt.
This time we've decided to embrace each day. We're going to celebrate this new life as long as we can, and we will be so honored when we get to meet our new baby.
Now comes the hard work. Preparing Ava. Cross your fingers. Cross your toes. Say your prayers for us :)
God Bless!
***update*** picture of the tutu that was promised. The pic is by far magazine quality but I'm learning ;)
This time we've decided to embrace each day. We're going to celebrate this new life as long as we can, and we will be so honored when we get to meet our new baby.
Now comes the hard work. Preparing Ava. Cross your fingers. Cross your toes. Say your prayers for us :)
God Bless!
***update*** picture of the tutu that was promised. The pic is by far magazine quality but I'm learning ;)

1 comment:
Congratulations! We'll be keeping you in our prayers that everything goes well:)
Post a Comment