Sunday, September 28, 2008

Finger Lickin' Good

I've been trying to experiment with different recipes that I usually don't have a chance to cook. I'm kind of at the point that I'm bored with the same ole same ole...pizza, tacos, etc. When I try new recipes, any recipe at that...I usually do not follow them.

#1 Because I don't have all the ingredients necessary
or
#2 Because I like to make it my own...tweak it a little bit to our taste

When I cook a new recipe either it fails miserably or it is finger lickin' good, like last night.

After a day of just hanging out and spending some quality time with my family, we enjoyed a nice meal.

Stuffed Chicken
4 Chicken Breast
1 Package of ritz crackers crumbled
1/2 cup of italian dressing

Filling can be whatever you want it to be. I used ham and cheese for a cordon bleu taste.

Flatten your chicken breast. This was my favorite part of cooking this recipe...I took a can and well I guess you could say I took out some aggression on the chicken ;-)

Keep your CB (chicken breast) flat and lay your fillings in the middle. Roll the CB up and coat the outside with italian dressing. Then roll it in the ritz crackers. Close with toothpicks...
*disclaimer* remember folks to take these out before you eat them.

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for approx. 30 minutes.









This was the end result...before we scarfed it down! :)










Told ya it was "finger lickin' good!" It sure does make a wife and mom happy when the whole family loves your cooking. Especially when the dinner of choice for the princess is chicken nuggets and fruit cocktail.

I feel so blessed to have such a beautiful husband and daughter!
One more thing before I close for the evening...ROLL TIDE ROLL! For those of you who did not have faith in the crimson tide...look who's laughin' now :-)

No comments: