Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What's Wrong with this Picture?

Please tell me what is wrong with this picture?

Yes, that is Ava holding a can of dip (smokeless tobacco) and...Yes, that is my dear husband sitting on Ava's bike. This is how the story ends...in negotiation.














This is how the story begins. We are always so proud of Ava's milestones. She continues to amaze us everyday. She apparently amazed the owner of the Montessori Academy, because she starts in 2 weeks! :) Okay, back to the story. Ava LOVES to stand on her bike toy. I guess she gets this "Evil Knievel DNA" from her Grampa Draper. I had never seen him stand on his motorcycle driving like a crazy man down the street, but boy have I heard about it.















Rory and I are witnessing this while we're watching her across the room on the couch. Rory decides that he is going to show her how to SIT DOWN on her toy. I'm not too sure she likes that decision. Hence the beautiful face below. ;)









Can you tell that we don't like to upset our beautiful daughter. I mean really. Look at Rory's face. He looks so interested in showing her how to sit and not stand. Do not under estimate this child. She's smart. She's real smart. *Did I already say that a few seconds ago? I think I did ;)*









The negotiations begin...lol! I wish I knew what she was thinking and saying. In my head it goes like this: "Dad, look, let's just talk this out. I'll give you your dip can back if you...GET OFFFFFFF MMMYYYYYY BIIIIKKKKEEEE!" Daddy says "ha ha ha ha" Ava says "Dad, come on, step awaaaay from the bike...let's count to three...ONNNEE, TWOOOO, ...."









I love my kids! Did I say "my kids?" I mean my husband and daughter. There is never a dull moment around this place. Ya know what, I wouldn't change it for the world!





FINE PRINT.
This blog entry might have been edited to the liking of the Director of the show, in the same manner that any other reality show is edited...ie...The Hills. I'll tell this story how I *remember* it...wink wink.

No comments: