Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Crazy Climber

I'm cursed. We're cursed. Ava is climbing on EVERYTHING! Did I jinx myself by giving her bedroom the jungle theme while she was still baking in the oven? Did I jinx myself by only buying her monkey stuffed animals.

If it's (it's meaning...anything) a foot off of the ground or floor, Ava will try to scale it. She's jumping on the couch. She's climbing on tables. She even thinks it's humorous to stand in her rocking chair and try to rock in it.

I think she's given her Daddy a few hard attacks since this climbing craze has begun. I just try not to look her direction. I've noticed that if you make eye contact, it will only fuel the fire. It turns into this process that can become quite dangerous.

If you make eye contact Ava will start laughing. Then you (me, Rory, the universal "you") will start laughing. Then The Princess thinks you're laughing with her. Then she starts getting spastic, rocking, shaking and bouncing back and forth in the chair. You just simply have to look the other direction. I'll try to get a video of it to post.

This beautiful child sure does keep us on our toes. I'm afraid the days of scratches, bruises, "ouchies," and stitches are very close on our path. I can't see my little baby hurt. It would kill me. What else is a Mommy & Daddy to do with a toddler that's trying to walk in the shoes of Evil Knievel.

Any advice is welcomed. Whatcha' think? Leashes? Cages? Any suggestions?

No comments: