Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

I'm feeling completely out of wack! We still haven't gotten back into our routine after the whirlwind that hit us over the past few weeks. My surgery, our vacation, Christmas, Ava being out of school for almost two weeks. Speaking of Ava and school. I sure hope the transition back to her structured environment goes as uneventful as possible.

Let's see what's happened over the last few weeks.

Surgery. Went for my post-op visit today and the Doc was in surgery so I had to reschedule. Why is it that if you don't show up for an appointment you get charged, but if the doctor doesn't show up for your appointment then you just get told to come back. Is my time not as important as theirs? Why can't I send them a bill? What if the world was perfect, then everything would go my way, right? Wishful thinkin'!

Vacation. Ava had a few milestones. Her soft delightful "yea" turned into an obnoxiously boisterous "YEEESSSHHH!" It's cute, as long as you don't have a headache. She also learned how to use her Dad's new Blackberry Storm. She can use the screen, navigate to the contact list, and call people. Sounds possible doesn't it? Okay, she can't do all of that but she doesn't put the phone down. It has become her new obsession. I might add it has become mine as well. There is a preloaded game called Word Mole. It keeps my brain feeling young. You get points based on the words you put together. Almost the same concept as Scrabble. Got a little off topic there, sorry. Ava got to play in snow for the first time. It was so adorable to see her dressed in a big fluffy snowsuit! She loved the snow and did not want to go back inside. Let's see what else.

Christmas. It only took her about .5 seconds to "get" the concept of opening Christmas presents. Hell we could have wrapped empty boxes in pretty paper and bows and she would have had just as much fun as opening the real gifts. Christmas around the O'Brien house is going to keep getting more and more fun. :) Makes me excited for the years to come. All in all we had a great time and can't wait to take another vacation from our vacation!

Schools out. Since school has been closed for Ava we had to get a babysitter for Monday, Tuesday, and today. Apparently it has been confirmed that Ava manipulates Rory and me. I was begining to think that her favorite place to sit was on the loveseat (that's where she goes to time out) because she always manages to do something that lands her there. If you want to know the truth all I have to say is "Ava, do you want a time out" and she'll now automatically just climb up in her reserved seat. So, the babysitter informed me that The Princess...simply is a Princess while Mommy and Daddy are gone. She does what she's asked to do. She doesn't roll her eyes (yes she's 17months old and has mastered this...lol.) She doesn't wimper and whine when something doesn't go exactly how SHE wants it. She doesn't have us fooled at all. We know her game; however, I don't mind letting her win. Now don't get me wrong, we do have boundries...but...she's only gonna be my baby once. I'll enjoy her innocence while I can! Needless to say I am ready for her to go back to school. If you can't tell already, this kid needs structure and routine in her life. Please don't let this be a precursor to what could be an unwanted West Point tradition. Notre Dame, ah, that might be another story? ;)

I'm going to stop here. I've got a nice liquor drink in front of me (provided by the hubs, thanks babe.) The Diva is sound asleep. This year is going to end faster than I can count to ten, so I've got to enjoy what's left of it.

There are lots and lots of pics on photobucket if you've got more time on your hands than I do right now. Browse away.

One last thing...Be safe tonight and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: