Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thruthful Thursday


How's everybody doin? I must admit...I enjoyed my "blogcation." I'm not to sure that's even a word. In the world of blogging can't you just make up your own blog words? I know you'll go along with that kind of reasoning with me. *wink wink* I hope you enjoyed our guest blogger. She is very special to our family. It's who we trust with our daughter and she has become like a little sister to Rory and I. Please just encourage her to keep me room messy. We want to see her 15 minutes of fame on Oprah. Apparently (now don't let the secret out)...Oprah thinks she's an Olsen twin of Georgia Tech. Yup, you got it...like Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen! Maybe that is why Rory likes Syd so much...oops did I just type that. Ha ha, we won't go there, right SIL? Rory, if you're reading this right now, it's juuuuust a joke.

So I'm back. I've got a lot to say. Because that is new...uh, when? ;)

I thought today I'd write some truths about my family. Just share a different side to who we are.

Ya know, some random facts that most people don't know about us...yet not stuff you just go around chit chatting about.


We Love...Love...Love Jeopardy. I wasn't for it years ago, but now it's something that my family enjoys while we sit at the dining room table eating dinner. This is part of our nightly routine. Even Ava answers questions every now and then...on "College Night" of course ;)





Rory, Myself, and Ava all love to be around people and are very social...YET...we are extremely shy around a group of new people that we do not know well. It's a comfort thing I guess. I'm not sure why we are like that. Ava is definitely not excluded from this. When we take her around new people she puts this glare in her eyes and clings on to Rory or me for dear life!




With that being said...(this is probably going to be an oxymoron...lol) we love being around people, BUT we are absolute homebodies. We love our friends and hanging out with them, there's no question in that at all. It's just...we enjoy being with each other at home. I guess that means the saying is trueWe enjoy almost doing everything together. Really we do. Most people cannot stand just coming home to their spouse. Rory and I work together, live together, drive everywhere together (I've mentioned all this before...I know.) It's just that experiences don't seem to be the same if we're not together as a family. My fondest memory of this is last November when we went to Chicago for Rory's Birthday. Ava was only about 3 1/2 months old. Most people would have "left the baby at home." We didn't want to. Don't get me wrong we enjoy having our adult quiet time. It's just that we love being a family!



I hope you enjoy the little peak into who we are as a family. What do you enjoy with your family? I'd also love to hear new traditions you started for the holidays when your child/children came into your life.

A quick story about Ava before I go. Rory picked her up from school today and called to share this with me. I thought it was so sweet I'd share it with you too. When Ava saw him walk into the building she started smiling and ran the opposite direction SCREAMING. Poor Rory thought she was screaming and running from him. Little did he know...she was running back to her "work" and put it all way (little puzzle pieces in a tin.) She picked up the pieces and put them in the tin, then put the tin on the shelf...and RAAAN back to her Daddy! How sweet. She knew she needed to put her work away but she was so excited to see her Dad. I love this child! Speaking of...she's sound asleep on the couch, cuddled up with a blanket. I think I'm going to lay the princess in her bed. If only we all could sleep that peaceful :)

Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite. And if they do, get a shoe, and knock 'em 'till they're black 'n blue! haha

No comments: