Sunday, December 14, 2008

Facebook Creepin'

Ok, so it's been a while since I, Rory, have done a blog and I was thinking about what to write about. So I thought I'd write about something that wasn't too serious or work-related, so I guess that pretty much cuts out most of my normal options. So let's talk about "Facebook Creepin'."

I'm told by my lovely wife that I need to be "active" in the facebook community, or I should just get rid of my profile. I don't know if I agree with that! I mean, can't I just spy on everyone and find out what's going on with them and then not offer any information in return?! I think so. You don't see the CIA having to give up all their details even though they go around snooping on everyone else right? Am I curious what other people that I went to school with or know might be doing? Yes. Do I necessarily want to talk to them? Of course not! For those of you that know me, you know I'm very anti-social, so the fact that I even check in on other people should be a big enough step right? So I guess until I decide to become "active" in the facebook community...I'll just have to keep "creepin'."

On a couple of completely different notes....I'm watching a show right now called "humanzee." It's about a chimp that they think is part chimp and part human. Apparently, he's not really a hybrid, but it does make me think about how I thought Ava might have been part chimp when she was born. She had a LOT of back hair....I mean a LOT. I was torn by the sight of all of it! On the one hand, I didn't want her to be a hairy little girl and get made fun of. Yet, on the other hand, it would probably keep the future boys away. Fortunately, all the little dark back hair went away and that's a non-issue now.....guess I'll just have to buy a gun when she starts dating at the age of.....umm, how about 35? haha.

Ok, what else? Ah, college football talk. Ok, so Notre Dame sucked this year, but Charlie's getting another chance to make it right next year. Personally, I think his best bet is to push Jimmy Clausen off a boat in the middle of Lake Michigan in the winter time and that would be worth at least two more wins there.....second, you have Joe Montana's son sitting on the sideline! I know, I know, he's not supposed to be that great, but hey, wouldn't that just kick butt if he came in and saved the day?! Let's see....Heisman trophy talk....I guess I'm glad Sam Bradford won, however he does look like that gay guy on HGTV (David something is his name). Predictions for the BCS championship game.....I'm going with the Big 12 and Oklahoma because I don't have any love for any athletic team from the state of Florida.

Well, that's it for now. Looking forward to a little time off next week. Just need to get things right this week before a stress-free holiday.

Bye for now,
Rory

No comments: