Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Diva Darling

Apparently our princess has a new nickname at school. I know there was no way that my "booty music" was any kind of influence to Ava when she was swimming around in my belly. How about just reassure me and say "no influence came from your taste in music Danielle." *wink*

I love music. I can change the channel on the radio and pick up where any song starts. Country, Pop, Oldies, anything. Music is how I relate to life. Now don't get me wrong, I never said I could sing worth a flip...lol. I'm even too embarrassed to sing in the shower.

Back to my "Diva." So, I pick Ava up from school the other day and the jolly cook shouts "BYE DIVA!" Ava and I are the only ones around this lady. I turn around, thinking that maybe somebody is behind me and I did not see a soul? I'm a little confused at this point. Why is this woman yelling Diva? I can't help but to stop and ask her.

I got my answer...and it made me chuckle to myself.

They have nicknamed Ava- "Ava Diva."

The school had a visit by the state, and I was informed that Ava was very vocal and couldn't refrain from keeping the "state lady" company. She talked and talked and continued to talk to the "state lady" until she left. The Divas day consists of walking around telling other kids what to do (unfortunately they can't understand her babbling.) As she is walking around (if there is music playing) she also dances. Not just a swaying back and forth but this child can dance. It's the funniest thing you've ever seen.

We even pulled up "baby dancing videos" on YouTube and she got so excited. I know she was thinking...OMG...These are little people just like me and they're groovin' just like me. She stared at the computer mezmorized by her fellow dance team divas.

Boy oh boy are we in trouble.

Well she just hit the 15 month mark. I'm so amazed that here in few 15 months she has been on this earth, she shows so much knowledge. If you're around this child for more than five minutes you cannot deny her comprehension level. I just wish she could vocally express herself. She's learning sign language and that is helping a lot. At least thats what they told me at her school today. I'm going to be the most uneducated person in my home soon. The hubby knows Spanish. I don't. Ava is learning sign language. Um...I can spell my name in ASL...does that count?

I just can't believe that a child Ava's age, so young, can be so knowledgeable. Our kids are smart people. They know what's going on around them. They see EVERYTHING! Even if they can't talk, they know. I'll have to remember that when she does start talking in sentences. No need to elaborate, huh?

I'm supposed to say "Tampa Bay Rays win-6 games." I can't remember if I'm supposed to say Devil Rays or just Rays. If you know what it means then you'll know what Rays team is supposed to win. If you don't know what it means then you'll be as lost as me. I'm not too sure "who's on first and what's on second" with all this sports commentator chit chat.

Later Fellow Divas! ;-)

No comments: