Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fireproof


Any couple whether married or not MUST go see this movie. Not only was it filmed in Albany, Ga...but it has a great message. It is considered a "low budget film" made with a $500,000 budget, but the message is not low budget at all!

This film definitely reassured me that I love being with my best friend! Just because you have hard times doesn't mean you can bail out. In today's society it's such an easy and acceptable process. I've learned (oh so well) that there will be times in a relationship that you want to give up because that's what's easy to do. Any relationship is work and we all know that work is hard. Rory and I have put a lot of hard work into our marriage, and in no way am I naive to think that this will ever stop...but...I do know when to stop and take in all the goodness.

The little things. The things that we know, love and accept about each other whether it be good or bad. I know that Rory rubs his feet together when he's tired or bored. He knows that I use about a roll of toilet paper...a day. I know that he'd rather listen to ESPN Radio in the morning and he knows that I'd rather listen to a comedic morning show. We compromise. He listens to ESPN when we ride separate ;) j/k...well kinda.

Isn't life about compromise. Give and take. Why do we give our significant other so many standards to live up to. I think sometimes we tend to add stress to our relationship by demanding so much of each other. Instead can't we take a second and realize that we're on the same team. Life has been wonderful since we've realized that. You don't work against each other. You have to work with each other. I love my husband and I know he loves me, but today I realized not only is he my best friend...he's my teammate. I am so blessed and will continue to thank God for allowing me to have such a wonderful, faithful, courageous, and strong teammate. I could go on and on but I don't want to bore you with my lovey dovey talk.

I just want everybody to have what Rory and I have. I have a beautiful husband (inside and out!) Shhh...he might kill me for saying that. Ya know, men don't want other men to know they're really saps on the inside...wink wink!

By the way, I bought $434 worth of clothes for $30 at the Sears clearance sale! Doing the happy dance again! :)

Ava's story for the day. The table in the living room that we keep the laptop on is in the corner. Ava knows not to go by it because of the cord for the laptop. This morning when Rory was sleeping, I was laying on the couch and Ava was playing. She went to the corner table 3 times. Each time I had asked her politely to walk away from the table. The fourth time I hit my hand on the table to make a loud noise and get her attention. I guess it worked because she walked away from the table. Then she proceeded to walk over to me on the couch. She put her head down by my shoulder and said "I sorry." OH MY GOSH can you say...melt a mother's heart! I immediately felt terrible and I couldn't help but hug her and kiss her and tell her "it's okay pumpkin." I also fought the urge to wake Rory up (he got up with Ava at 5:45 and then went back to sleep for a bit after I got up) to share our little girls first apology.

God I love my family!

No comments: