Not in a million years did I think that I would be talking of topics such as peeing to people I dont even know. Trust me, it's just the Mommy in me.! I don't normally talk of bodily functions on public websites...well...wait a second. Yes, I sometimes do. As a member of a world wide web fertility forum, I can say that YES I have spoken of bowel movements, urination, cervical blah blah blah discharge blah blah blah, etc. As a woman and a mom you tend not to be so censored. I guess I'll speak for myself on that, right? ;)
Rory and I were not 100% dedicated to the potty training this weekend. Not only do we not have a training potty or the little tykes version of a toilet seat to set on top of ours, but we weren't home most of the weekend.
Rory and I were not 100% dedicated to the potty training this weekend. Not only do we not have a training potty or the little tykes version of a toilet seat to set on top of ours, but we weren't home most of the weekend.
We took Ava to Monkey Joes. ***Pictures on Photobucket***The place that has all the indoor inflatable bounce houses. We met up with my sister and niece and enjoyed a fun day running around and playing. I think Rory had more fun that any of us. I just played paparazzi most of the time, snapping shots when I could. Then we took the kids to Burger King, home of the indoor playground filled with snotty nose rug rats that smell like nursing home pee. Regardless of the aroma, it was a fun time!
I digress.
Yesterday afternoon I ask Ava if she has to go potty. Her response was "yeesh." So I put her on the toilet while managing to hold her up under her arms so she doesn't fall in ,as my arms were getting numb by the second. She didn't pee but she tried...wanna know how I know? She let out a little toot, so I know some pushing was being attempted from somewhere down there.
Last night I am in the process of putting her in the bathtub. Before I put her over the side of the tub, I ask again if she has to go potty. This time I get the same response "yeesh." So again, I hover her up over the toilet (might I add...I dont know how this is not traumatizing for a kid. A huge water hole below you and your parent dangling you above it) she agggain doesn't pee. I put her down on the floor to try and get the feeling back in my arms.
I then said "I thought you had to pee."
She said "uh huh." (which usually means yes)
I said "so you DO have to pee pee?"
She said "yeesh."
I said "well are you gonna pee pee in the bathtub."
Her response "yeesh."
Now just to make sure I knew that she knew what I was talking about, since I kept getting the yeesh answer, this is how the conversation finishes.
I said "Ava, mommy is confused. I thought you said you have to pee, baby. You don't want to pee on the potty?"
Ava says "nooo."
I said "well don't pee in the bathtub, okay? The bath is to wash up and get clean."
Her response "k."
Did any of you realize how I just completely set myself up for what is about to happen next? For what you ask. Usually after I get Ava out of the tub I always let her stand up on the bathroom countertop to look at the "baby"(herself) in the mirror. This bath night is no different than any other. I dry her off with the hooded ducky towel and lift her up on the countertop. No sooner do I put her down...SHE PEES ALL OVER!
I said "Ava did you just pee because mommy told you not to pee in the tub."
Naturally her answer is "YEESH!"
I love being Ava's Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment