Why wait you ask? Why wait for what? Wait for anything. We might have our own goals and our own time lines that we live off of, but in reality we are on God's time. Things might not always be in black and white. Usually they are very gray. Not always can we see clearly of what God has in store for us.
Guilty as charged!
I'm extremely guilty for this. I'll admit it. I pray and pray for things that never seem to happen. I torture myself continuously wondering why something is not going my way. Then I have to stop dead in my tracks and give myself a reality check. It's NOT my way. It's NOT my plan. It's God's plan.
Sometimes we get in such a hurry and want to rush things to the end, that we don't enjoy the wait. We don't embrace the patience God has taught us to have.
There are so many cliches that drive me crazy.; however, the more I think about them the more truth I see in them. One of them is "All good things come to those who wait."
It seems to me that in the process of waiting and wanting (because if you're waiting for something you're wanting something) we don't see the good things that have passed us by...so how on earth can something good come out in the end.
When I realized that the Bible contains a verse similar to this cliche, it help bring light and truth to me.
Guilty as charged!
I'm extremely guilty for this. I'll admit it. I pray and pray for things that never seem to happen. I torture myself continuously wondering why something is not going my way. Then I have to stop dead in my tracks and give myself a reality check. It's NOT my way. It's NOT my plan. It's God's plan.
Sometimes we get in such a hurry and want to rush things to the end, that we don't enjoy the wait. We don't embrace the patience God has taught us to have.
There are so many cliches that drive me crazy.; however, the more I think about them the more truth I see in them. One of them is "All good things come to those who wait."
It seems to me that in the process of waiting and wanting (because if you're waiting for something you're wanting something) we don't see the good things that have passed us by...so how on earth can something good come out in the end.
When I realized that the Bible contains a verse similar to this cliche, it help bring light and truth to me.
"The LORD is my portion,"
says my soul, "Therefore I hope in Him!"
The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one
should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD."(Lamentations 3:24-26)
Don't rush things, okay? Take time. Remember you're taking the Lords time, not your own. Don't be selfish, pushy, or ungrateful. Embrace each day and good things will come!
No comments:
Post a Comment