Thursday, January 8, 2009

Wax What

Are you curious what the end of my post meant yesterday? I know you refreshed the screen until you had carpel tunnel to see if I updated today didn't you ;) I won't flatter myself.

Let's start from the begining. I'll take you back to mid November...ish.

I went to a new dermatologist. Here's what happened in the 30 minutes of my life that wasted away in boredom. I sat down. The dr. asked what was wrong. I said "I'm 27 and randomly my face will break out...oh, and I'm getting these crows feet things in my eyes when I smile." He said "Okay, here's a prescription and I'll see you in a few months."

I thought that was pretty easy. I was expecting my face to get poked and prodded. I guess I'm just a dermatological virgin.

Do you see anywhere in the above information that says "DO NOT WAX ANYTHING ON YOUR FACE!?!"

*rereading*

NOPE! NO WHERE DO I SEE THAT.

Now let me bring you back to earlier this week. I tell it like it is, right? Women feel the need to look good for themselves and their spouses so we wax. At least I do. I don't know about you but I'm not ashamed to admit I wax my upper lip. I take that back. I wasn't ashamed to admit it until this past Tuesday.

This is how it went down. I get out my little wax strips. Rub them really fast in between the palms of my hands. The heat warms up the wax strip and then you slap it over the hair you want out. Then you grab the sheet the wax strip is on and TEAR really fast in the opposite direction of your hair growth...kind of like ripping a bandaid off .This will take the hair right from the root and you'll be mustache free for weeks.

I got what I wished for and more! Not only did the hair come off with the wax but so did LAYERS of my skin!

Can I just say excruciating pain! No seriously. You know when you accidentally burn your hand in the stove getting the cookie sheet out. The burning sensation that hits you for the first few minutes, as you're running cold water over it to try and cool it down. Imagine that feeling times 5 and it lasts all day, on your upper lip! Doesn't sound fun does it? I can attest. It has not been fun.

It never clicked to me that the prescription the dr. gave me might just make my skin extra extra sensitive. Ya I know you don't have to tell me. It makes complete sense now...after the fact. I called the Dermatologists office and the nurse says "oh nobody told you not to wax." Here's your sign lady! If somebody told me not to do it would I be sitting here in tears on the phone with you because I'm in such pain.

SORRY DIDN'T GET THAT MEMO.

Lesson learned kids. Beauty isn't always on the outside.

1 Samuel 16:7 - "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

No comments: