The official potty training.
Yesterday Ava told the teacher (she insisted Ava said it as clear as day) "I have to go potty."
I've tried to encourage her for the past few months to get her interested in the potty. If I'm using the bathroom and she wanders in there then I explain that I just had a drink and I'm going potty. You all thought the bathroom was my most serene place in the house, didn't you? Now tell me sorry, as you can see with this new trend it's hard to find any serenity in this house lol ;)
The past month or so she has begun this new "copy cat" mode. She wants to do everything you do. Whether it's brushing teeth, putting on perfume, taking Libby (our dog) outside. She wants to be involved and she wants to do things too.
Rory and I try to make Ava aware of things but do not really push her to actually act on them. I've always lived with the philosophy that she'll do things in her own time. We've done this with everything from crawling to walking, bottles to cups, etc. There never seems to be a problem when we let her go at her own pace. She is now giving us the signs that she's ready to use the potty.
I've thought about this Potty Patty to try with her. I just can't justify the money. Ninety dollars for a doll that pees. Won't I have enough of cleaning up pee to deal with until Ava gets in a routine? I mean, I'm just curious. I've crate trained Libby but I have this tiny inclination that Ava might be a liiiittle different from the dog. I can't just stick her in her room with a puppy pee pad and tell her to go there. There's a process. This is a system.
I need prayers people, lots of prayers. I'll keep you posted on our progress this weekend! :)
Yesterday Ava told the teacher (she insisted Ava said it as clear as day) "I have to go potty."
I've tried to encourage her for the past few months to get her interested in the potty. If I'm using the bathroom and she wanders in there then I explain that I just had a drink and I'm going potty. You all thought the bathroom was my most serene place in the house, didn't you? Now tell me sorry, as you can see with this new trend it's hard to find any serenity in this house lol ;)
The past month or so she has begun this new "copy cat" mode. She wants to do everything you do. Whether it's brushing teeth, putting on perfume, taking Libby (our dog) outside. She wants to be involved and she wants to do things too.
Rory and I try to make Ava aware of things but do not really push her to actually act on them. I've always lived with the philosophy that she'll do things in her own time. We've done this with everything from crawling to walking, bottles to cups, etc. There never seems to be a problem when we let her go at her own pace. She is now giving us the signs that she's ready to use the potty.
I've thought about this Potty Patty to try with her. I just can't justify the money. Ninety dollars for a doll that pees. Won't I have enough of cleaning up pee to deal with until Ava gets in a routine? I mean, I'm just curious. I've crate trained Libby but I have this tiny inclination that Ava might be a liiiittle different from the dog. I can't just stick her in her room with a puppy pee pad and tell her to go there. There's a process. This is a system.
I need prayers people, lots of prayers. I'll keep you posted on our progress this weekend! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment